The Idaho Humanities Council has received funding from the National Endowment for the Humanities as part of the American Rescue Plan. The primary purpose of this funding is to prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from the coronavirus. The funding is also meant to assist Idaho’s humanities-based organizations restore and sustain their core functions.
All grant activities must be completed by November 30, 2022.
The funding is for grants to eligible Idaho humanities organizations (defined below). These funds may be used for the organization’s general operating support for public humanities programming as well as the development of specific humanities programming. Applications will be accepted via Foundant, IHC’s online grant management system (link below).
Cost-share is not required but is welcomed.
Contact Doug Exton, IHC Program Officer, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be a recognized nonprofit by the Internal Revenue Service, educational institution, or local, state, or tribal government. For profit organizations are not eligible.
- Have a mission that is grounded in the humanities and/or offer publicly accessible humanities programs serving Idahoans
- Maintain a primary business address in Idaho
- Have a current Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number
Under SHARP Funding, there will be two categories for funding use:
- General Operating Support for eligible humanities organizations (salaries, rent, utilities, other costs key to operation).
- Costs for specific programs grounded in the humanities.
Grant Amounts & Deadlines
The SHARP funds will be distributed to eligible organizations only. The final amount of general operating awards will be based on the organization’s annual operating budget and will depend on how many applications are received. Applications for specific humanities programs may not request more than $10,000*.
Maximum Funding levels (General Operating Support)*:
Operating Budget under $100,000 $5,000
Operating Budget under $500,000 $10,000
Operating Budget under $1,000,000 $15,000
Operating Budget over $1,000,000 $20,000
Operating Budget over $2,000,000 $25,000
*Exceptions may be made in extraordinary circumstances.
IHC will offer three SHARP grant rounds (funding permitted). All applications will be reviewed by a committee of IHC board members. The deadlines for submission are July 15, August 15, and September 15.
Funding for these grants has been provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) as part of the American Rescue Plan.